Dear Members, Dancers, Officials, Trainers!
One unexpected and special year is over, the year which held us far away from competition halls, but also the year in which we answered to this challenge by reinventing the way we communicate and compete, in front of the computers and cameras. The actual “dancing year” lasted a little bit longer, with the final competition of the Online World Cup 2020 taking place at the end of February 2021, but now we are turning towards 2021, with the hope that at least in the second part of the year we will be able to come back to what we all strive for, live competitions in big competition halls.
Below you can find some important information for the year 2021!
1. Registration of dancers, couples and formations
Like previous years, we have opened the Fast Registration Protocol (FRP), where you will have the opportunity to register your dancers, couples and formations in one package:
The address is www.wrrc-registration.com
The fast registration process is the same as in previous years, so you can start using it at once. On the front page of the Registration tool, there is a short description of the procedures. Please read it carefully and proceed as instructed there.
When deciding to delete a couple or a dancer please make sure you don’t want to see the data anymore in the database. If the couple/dancer/formation is not active, just leave them without registration and they will not be visible on the active sides, but they will remain in the database
The FRP will be active until 15.03.2021. After that, the process will be closed and you will need to reactivate the remaining dancers one by one. After the FRP is closed you will be able to add new dancers, couples, formations and register your team members for competitions that follow in 2021.
According to the decision of the WRRC Presidium (PM minutes from 08.01.2021, point 275), Registration fees, paid for dancers who did not participate on the Online World Cup 2020 series (including the last postponed competition in February 2021), will be carried over to the year 2021. This will be visible after we will process the FRP data.
2. Valid age groups in 2021
Valid age groups for 2021 are listed below:
|RR Children (8-11):||born between 2010 and 2013|
|RR Juveniles (10-14):||born between 2007 and 2011|
|RR Juniors (12-17):||born between 2004 and 2009|
|RR Main Class Contact Style (14+):||born 2007 or older|
|RR Main class (15+):||born 2006 or older|
|RR formations Juniors (11-17):||born between 2004 and 2010. Exception: max two dancers can be born from 2002-2003|
|RR formations Main class:||born 2006 or older|
|RR Couple Dance Show (14+):||born 2007 or older|
|RR Girls Formations (8-15):||born between 2006 and 2013|
|RR Ladies Formations (14+)::||born 2007 or older|
|BW Juniors (13-17):||born between 2004 and 2008|
|BW Main class (16+):||born 2005 or older|
|BW Formations (16+):||born 2005 or older|
|BW Seniors (35+/40+):||younger born 1986 or older, older born 1981 or older|
|LH Juniors (13-17):||born between 2004 and 2008|
|LH Main class (16+):||born 2005 or older|
|LH Seniors (35+/40+):||younger born 1986 or older, older born 1981 or older|
|Bugg/Trio Show Juniors (08-17):||born between 2004 and 2013|
|Bugg/Trio show Main class (14+):||born 2007 or older|
|Bugg Seniors (35+/40+):||younger born 1986 or older, older born 1981 or older|
3. Online World Cup 2021 – Spring Series
As already announced in the last Presidium meeting minutes (12.02.2021, point 3), WRRC will continue with the Online World Cup 2021. At the moment, 3 competitions are planned for the spring period.
Online World Cup
code name: BEIJING
|10.04.2021||RR MCFS, RR JUV, RR CHILD, RR CDS, RR LF, RR GF|
|11.04.2021||BW MC, BW JUN, BW SEN, RR MCCS, RR JUN|
Online World Cup
|24.04.2021||OWC RR MCFS, RR JUV, RR CHILD, RR CDS, RR LF, RR GF|
|25.04.2021||OWC BW MC, BW JUN, BW SEN, RR MCCS, RR JUN|
Oline World Cup
|29.05.2021||OWC RR MCFS, RR JUV, RR CHILD, RR CDS, RR LF, RR GF|
|30.05.2021||OWC BW MC, BW JUN, BW SEN, RR MCCS, RR JUN|
Here is once more the clarification of the modified rules about the music and the video files:
- Categories Children, Juveniles, Juniors and RR CDS can send 2 videos:
- video 1: for the preliminary round on predefined WRRC music
- video 2: for the final round on predefined or personal WRRC approved music.
- In case they send only one video file (video 1) it must be on the predefined WRRC music, and it will be used also for the final round.
- Categories MCCS, MCFS must send 2 videos:
- video 1: 5-acro program for the preliminary round on predefined WRRC music
- video 2: 6-acro program for the final round on predefined or personal WRRC approved music.
- Categories GF and LF must send 2 videos:
- video 1: short program for the preliminary round on personal WRRC approved music
- video 2: long program for final on personal WRRC approved music.
- Categories BWM, BWJ, BWS must send 2 videos:
- video 1: for the preliminary round on predefined WRRC BW music
- video 2: for the final round on predefined WRRC BW music.
- Each category will have a different type of music for the preliminary and for the final round
- All videos must be recorded in line with valid regulations for 2020, with a special accent on good visibility of couples and formations. Each video must be recorded so that all body movements in dance figures and acrobatic elements must be fully visible, but also recording should be made so that couple/formation is not too small. Formations MUST be recorded from an elevated position with good visibility on all dancers, lines and patterns.
Predefined Music lists for Online World Cup competitions will be published in the details of each competition, inside the competition calendar on the WRRC website. For Rock’n’Roll, the predefined list will stay the same as for the last year. For Boogie Woogie we will have different lists for each of the competitions.
4. Boogie Woogie Trainers seminar – new date: 09.05.2021
Boogie Woogie Trainers’ seminar, originally scheduled for 11.04.2021, had to be moved to 09.05.2021, due to the changes in the calendar caused by the still ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We had to postpone the start of the Online World Cup for two weeks, and these dates were then in the collision. More information about the seminar will follow very soon.
5. Live events in 2021
At the moment it is too soon to confirm any of the planned live events for 2021 since the pandemic situation still persists and we can’t predict how it will develop.
If you plan to take part on any of the competitions, please make sure that upon any reservation – flight, train, hotel or similar – you also get the cancellation option/insurance. WRRC or competition organizers will not be able to refund any unused services!
You can find the newsletter also under this link: WRRC Info March 2021
With sportive regards,